We FINALLY stopped using cows milk. I have wanted to stop using it for a long time but it was hard to get Danni on board and the kids don't want to drink this stuff. We didn't switch just because I hate milk. I do hate milk but that's not why we switched. Cow puss anyone? Yuck. Anywho...Danni and I love almond milk. We also like coconut milk and I like rice milk. We drink and use the almond milk in cereal and rice milk for cooking and horchata! Blue Diamond is the yummiest!
5 comments:
I decided to try it since I read this, & it tastes good but it has no appreciable protein. Silk is non-GMO but I didn't see anything about non GMO on Blue Diamond. I will probably go back to Silk Vanilla Soy when I finish the almond milk. It has the same protein as milk & it tastes good in smoothies or on cereal.
Well, we have boys. So soy products are out of the question.
I find it hard to believe that a company claiming to sell soy products produced here in the United States has non-GMO soy beans, as aggressive as Monsanto is.
Our box of Blue Diamond Almond Milk does say it doesn't contain genetically modified almonds.
whats wrong with boys and soy?
I have issues with soy in general not just because we have boys. Soy is not good for you. The boys don't need soy because of the estrogen and also it lowers testosterone levels. Feminine boys? No thanks! Anyway....hehehe. There is soy in so many foods these days so I'm not going to actively add to the problem!
A little won't hurt but for little kids, babies especially, drinking lots of soy milk is like taking birth control pills. Most soy is GMO and we try to avoid that also.
and now you know. hahahhaa. sorry I got carried away.
Post a Comment