Our newest member of the family, Danni's laptop. We had money. Lots of money(lots in the eye of the poor folk). Whenever we have money something bad happens and takes our money away. Such is the case with this. The end of last school year the old laptop was giving Danni fits but whenever he took it in to get it fixed it would work fine. What!? Over the summer it finally died. They said it was the motherboard. Danni was supposed to get a new laptop anyway, one with a list a mile long of capabilities it needed. I think if the school is going to provide a list of "must haves" they should also provide a list of places that sell such items. A computer of the caliber they wanted is not to be found. You cannot pass the class without bringing a laptop to class so he did the best he could and got one that he felt would fulfill his needs. No video card and no cd player thingy and not the amount of memory they wanted but close enough. He can use his old hardrive as extra external memory and the college has the computers that run lumion so he figures he can do without the video card. It was still very expensive and sucked away at our meager savings. The Christmas trip that I so desperately, when I say desperately I really mean DESPERATELY, wanted might now be off the table. (especially since we might get to go with Danni to Kansas City for school!!!!) I'm still going to try to make the Christmas trip work but we have to rent a car(ours can't even go to Norman without giving us some type of fit), have gas and hotel money, and still have money left over for a few gifts. We shall see, we shall see.
P.S. The touch screen is really cool. If I'm good Danni lets me swipe the screen and it gives me a little thrill. I'm simple minded like that! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment