Sunday, April 28, 2013
27
Buddy had a backyard cook-out planned to pass off a wolf requirement. The boys had been looking forward to it all week. Patrick was killed today and the boys were so sad. They wanted to go get a new chicken and I was worried we wouldn't be able to get a chicken and do the cook-out. Fortunately it worked out fine. The boys were so much happier after bringing home Peanut and then topping the evening off with our dinner really helped the whole situations seem so much better. Unfortunately for me, I'm having a hard time getting the image of poor little Patrick out of my head. It really was a gruesome thing to see and have to deal with. I'm glad the boys aren't having the same processing problems that I have. I was really worried it would affect them as they are quite a bit more sheltered from violent images than most kids their ages are. Anyhow....I digress. The evening was fun. Hot dogs and sausages, fire roasted corn, and smores. It was very tasty and I always feel successful as a mother when we end a fire evening with no burns, although I did brand the little plastic table with my roaster. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Looks like fun!
This looks like great fun! So glad you were able to end the evening on a high note ;)
Post a Comment