Saturday, April 13, 2013

13

Seriously? I have cried so much this evening. Oden's baptism was today at 4. We were halfway there and the car broke down. It was SO important for me to be there. Teaching Valerie the gospel is one of the best memories of my life and it was such a blessing to get to teach her. Her experiences strengthened my testimony so much and now getting to see her raise a family in the gospel is amazing. Seeing her son get baptized would have been so great. We love Oden, he's like a cousin. So I was very sad to not be able to attend. Plus, Danni and I were supposed to say the prayers. The boys were supposed to sing with Daphne and I was bringing the punch and dessert for after dinner. :( Brother Bourm came and picked us up and Danni called a tow truck. $125 to tow that sucker home. Yay for towing insurance. Now Danni and Kelsey are working on fixing it. The serpentine belt went out and the pulleys broke. I hate cars. We are destined to have bad luck with them. We try to keep them maintained. Danni just did some work on it the other day. Ugh. We still don't have the blinkers working. Danni can't figure it out and we can't take the car to the shop to have them do it, we need it!

If they can't fix it tonight I'd better not have another migraine. I can't take any more drugs and was planning on going to the ER if I had another one. They are KILLING me. Many years ago after a trip to the ER with a migraine I swore I'd never go again, the bright lights, the noise, the freezing mix in the iv, it's all so PAINFUL. After last night, I'm ready to suffer through that again.

Anyway...I'm thankful for friends who can help. They are moving at the end of the month. Then what are we gonna do?

3 comments:

JenJen said...

Oh my poor Amber. i am so sorry for all the things that are going on with you. If you need to go to the ER to get the major relief you need then go. i hate going also but if i have to I will. You have wonderful friends/family out there that can and will help you. Keep your chin up dear and remember we loves you.

Rebecca and Christy said...

Oh boy! Dumb cars. I'm really sorry that you didn't make it to the baptism :( I know that Valerie understands but that doesn't make it any easier. If I could I would buy you a brand new car! Maybe someday when David is rich :)

Danni Waddell said...

Well, we didn't get it fixed that night but Monday we did. Turns out we could have fixed it all along. We got the belt configuration wrong.

Hopefully, by the time David is rich so will we. :)