Saturday, July 6, 2013

July 3

I took Keith to his follow up appointment at the Dr. today. He still has wheezing, I was grateful the doctor could hear it. The doctors at OU acted like they couldn't hear anything. I can hear it without a stethoscope so I know they must have heard something! Anyway the doctor prescribed this inhaler for Keith. I was so hesitant to use it because on the package insert it says that it's not know if it's effective or safe for kids under 4. I did a lot of research and asked my pharmacist tech sister about it and decided that I would give it to him twice a day instead of the 4 times prescribed. I feel like between that and the breathe oil he is doing so much better. I need to take him in to get one more x-ray but the doctor feels like it will be clear. He is a little concerned with scarring. I guess when you aspirate food you can scar your lungs and that can cause asthma or other respiratory problems further down the line. Keith's doctor feels like the wheezing is due to lung irritation and not scarring but that is something we won't know for sure until later. We just pray the wheezing goes away and then we'll know he's fine. Keith HATES that inhaler. It was very traumatic the first few times but it is getting easier. Poor little man!

1 comment:

Danni Waddell said...

Today was the first day he let us do it. And he didn't even cry. What a relief.